Wednesday 5 January 2011

New Term - Candide!

Here's the start of a new term and a new project - Candide! It's wonderful to get back into the realm of making, especially since I got round to doing NONE of my 'to do' list! Shame on me.
Unfortunatly it was a bit of a scramble to get our designs. Luckily it was about a half-and-half split on which gender we got as the majority wanted to do the opposite to what they did last year, but due to my politeness and inability to speak up I got stuck with the plainest and simplest design - Cunégonde as an old woman.
While it's all very easy to be immature and sulk about it, I've kicked myself and gotten myself to man up - with a simple design like this I will at least make the entire outfit rather than hiring pieces out, and I will have to force myself to perfect the costume and any small details on it.

Old Cunégonde by Johanna Muessig

Considering she's an old woman this will hopefully allow lots of breaking down, considering she becomes a slave later in the story - hopefully this will give a bit more practicality to a character who just seems a bit rich and a tad spoilt.
Well, good luck to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment