Tuesday 18 May 2010

Finished!

So after a long, long night of constant working (besides the odd deserved break) I finished my doublet! Time to copy and paste from my DA...

My final project for my first year was based around Poe's 'Mask Of The Red Death'. We split into several groups - gender, year (ranging from 1450-1650) and colour, and had to create a 'modern' representation of the design to be possibly worn for the final costume show - The Ballroom Of Illusions. I was given male, 1550's, blue. The overall look was supposed to be 'rocker'/general hardened male type, but I wanted to add a bit more sophistication - the design was originally based for the character of Prince Prospero, so this fitted perfectly.
I can pick out a million things that are probably wrong with this doublet, but hey it's my first attempt at making a proper costume piece from scratch!

*ahem* This was also a fine opportunity to commission the amazing Chan to create the narrative shown on the back of my doublet...amazing, no?


No comments:

Post a Comment